Public Works Department
Dave Walrath, Public Works Administrator
290 N 4000 E
P.O. Box 567
Rigby, ID 83442
Road & Bridge Phone: (208) 745-9224
Solid Waste Phone #: (208) 663-4406
The Countyline Landfill will be closed March 20 to April 2 to protect the public and county employees. Waste debris is still accepted at the Circular Butte Landfill in Terreton, which is operating at normal business hours. The closure is subject to change as we monitor the situation.
Jefferson County's Public Work's Department is responsible for the maintenance and construction of approximately 744 miles of County roads which include 447 miles of hard surface, 284 miles of gravel, and 13 miles of unimproved roads. As well and operating and maintaining the County Line and Circular Butte landfill.
The Public Works Department is committed to serving the residents and visitors of the County to the best of their ability and resources. From the office personnel to the crew members in the field, our goal is to make the roads of Jefferson County safe and acceptable for all who travel upon them and to ensure solid waste is managed in such a way that protects both public health and the environment.
- Jefferson County Transportation Plan Part I
- Jefferson County Transportation Plan Part II
- State Highway 48 Corridor Study
- State Highway 48 Corridor Study Appendix A, Part I
- State Highway 48 Corridor Study Appendix A, Part II
- State Highway 48 Corridor Study Appendix B and C
- South Rigby Interchange Study
- Snow Removal Policy
- Typical Street Cross Sections - Enhanced View
- Snow Plow Notice
- Sprinkler Ordinance
- Building Demolition Requirements
- Disposal of Asbestos and Lead Paint
View County Events and Public Meetings