Applicator/Operator - Noxious Weed & Invasive Species
Jefferson County is seeking a part-time, seasonal employee to conduct field operations to control noxious and invasive plants using herbicides, mechanical and biological treatment methods. Duties include:
- Operating and maintaining spray trucks and equipment;
- Backpack spraying on remote sites;
- Mixing and loading spray equipmen;t
- Digging and pulling plants; and
- Misc shop maintenance.
Applicants must be at least 18 years of age and possess a valid driver's license. Work is performed in a challenging outdoor environment. Applicants must have basic computer skills and be able to lift and carry a 35-pound backpack sprayer. Wage is dependent upon experience.
Applications may be obtained from the Noxious Weed & Invasive Species Office at 665 N 2880 E in Roberts or downloaded here. Completed applications should be returned to the Weed Office before 5 p.m. Tuesday, May 15.
Jefferson County Sheriff’s Office is currently hiring a Detention/Jail Deputy.
Minimum qualifications are:
- Must have a current driver’s license.
- Have a high school diploma or GED.
- Must be at least 21 years old and pass the POST physical test and a written test.
- All applicants must pass a background check and be willing to submit to and pass a polygraph as a condition of employment.
- Work 12 hour shifts on a rotating schedule, weekends, holidays, nights, etc.
PERSI retirement benefits are offered as well as health, dental and vision insurance.
Starting wage DOE.
Pick up an application at the Jefferson County Sheriff’s Office or download the Law Enforcement Application. Completed applications should be returned to Sgt. Dustin Johnson at the Sheriff's Office. For further information contact Sgt. Johnson at (208) 745-9210. Position is open until filled.
Jefferson County is hiring a full-time (35 hour work week) deputy assessor. The successful candidate must have a high school diploma or equivalent, exceptional communication, customer service, and computer skills. This position requires daily interaction with the public and careful attention to detail.
- Process transfer of property in Jefferson County according to Idaho Code requirements;
- Maintain real property ownership records and coordinate with the county mapper to support a complete and accurate plat record;
- Answer questions concerning land transfers and tracking the line of title in Jefferson County;
- Communicate effectively in a business environment with employees and property owners;
- Assist the public with various applications;
- Perform data entry on computer records;
- Plot parcel boundaries using GIS software;
- Answer the phone and greet the public daily; and
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Wages are dependent upon experience. Competitive benefits are offered. Applications will be accepted until the position is filled. To apply, please submit a resume and a completed Jefferson County Application for Employment to the Assessor's Office at 210 Courthouse Way, Rigby, Idaho, or e-mail resume and application to email@example.com.
Jefferson County Planning and Zoning is hiring a Code Compliance Officer. The successful candidate must have a high school diploma or equivalent, strong communication and organizational skills, and must be “self-starting”, reliable, and conscientious.
This position requires extensive interaction with the public, in a regulatory environment. The candidate must have some experience working with office equipment, writing reports, and operating a vehicle. A valid driver’s license and a good driving record are required. Applicant may be required to undergo a background check. Salary will be D.O.E.
A full job description is available to review at the Planning and Zoning Office located at 210 Courthouse Way, Suite 210, Rigby, ID 83442. You may contact the Planning and Zoning office at (208) 745-9220, or email firstname.lastname@example.org if you have questions.
Applications are due before 5 p.m. May 3, 2018. A completed Jefferson County Application and resume may be mailed or delivered to Jefferson County Planning and Zoning, 210 Courthouse Way Suite 210, Rigby, ID 83442, or emailed to email@example.com
Jefferson County is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate with regard to employment, advancement, training, benefits or working conditions on the basis of age, race, gender, religion, national origin, or disability. Per Idaho Code, Title 65, Chapter 5, Jefferson County will afford a preference to employment of veterans. If claiming veteran’s preference, you must attach or otherwise submit a copy of your DD214 to your application.
View County Events and Public Meetings