Clerical - Solid Waste Department
Jefferson County Solid Waste Department is hiring a for a full-time clerical position at Circular Butte Landfill in Terreton. Responsibilities include general office work, record keeping, filing, and working with the public. Shifts are 4 ten-hour days, 40 hours per week. Starting pay is $13.03 per hour. A valid Idaho Drivers License is required.
For more information, or to submit an application, please contact the Solid Waste Department at (208)745-9227, Monday through Thursday, 7 a.m. to 5:30 p.m., 290 N 4000 E, Rigby, or the Circular Butte Landfill at (208)663-4406.
Applications will be accepted until 4:30 p.m. Thursday, September 5, 2019.
Deputy Court Clerk
The Jefferson County Clerk’s Office is hiring a Deputy Court Clerk. This is a full-time (35-hours per week) position with benefits. Starting pay is $14.21 per hour, depending on experience. Deputy Court Clerks perform the clerical, secretarial and office support duties necessary to the operation of the court system. Principal duties include:
- Clerical and general office duties;
- Gather, receive, and review citations, cases, warrants, reports and other legal documents;
- Perform data entry;
- Maintain court case files;
- Respect privacy and confidentiality;
- Processes mail;
- Transcribe documents;
- Answer phone and respond to public inquiries; and
- Other duties pertaining to court business.
Qualifications include: High School Diploma or GED, One year of general office experience, which includes customer service and data entry. Experience in legal office setting is preferred. To apply, complete the Jefferson County Application for Employment and return to the Jefferson County Clerk's Office at 210 Courthouse Way, Rigby. Applications must be received before 5 p.m. Friday, August 23, 2019.
Motor Vehicle Department
The Jefferson County Assessor's Office is hiring a full-time Deptuy Assessor in the Department of Motor Vehicles. Duties include providing customer service at the Motor Vehicles counter by processing a variety of vehicle related transactions including, but not limited to: titles of ownership, new registrations, issuing license plates, on and off-road sticker sales, collection of sales tax on any auto vehicle that has not yet been collected on, and all other duties and responsibilities according to state law and the Idaho Transportation Department.
- Must be able to pass a typing test
- Must be able to pass a background check
- Must be able to maintain and have a current and valid Driver’s License
- Must be able to proficiently operate a computer and necessary software.
- Proficient mathematical computation skills
- Ability to read, interpret and apply laws, resolutions, ordinances, codes, and contracts
- Maintain detailed and accurate computerized motor vehicle data
- Communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
- Exceptional customer service skills
- Understand and comply with oral and/or written policies, procedures, and instructions
- Work well as a team, as well as independently
- Manual dexterity to perform office functions (e.g., typing, filing, operating office machines, printers, scanner, etc...
Acceptable Experience and Training
- High school diploma or GED equivalency is required, and cash handling experience is preferred.
- Any equivalent combination of experience and training which provides the knowledge and abilities necessary to perform the duties and responsibilities of the classification.
- Starting wage is dependent upon experience. Jefferson County offers a competitive benefits package, including medical, dental, and retirement.
To apply, complete the Jefferson County Application and return it, with a resume, to: Jessica Roach, email@example.com, 210 Courthouse Way, Suite 150, Rigby. All applications must be submitted before 5 p.m. August 30.
Jefferson County is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate with regard to employment, advancement, training, benefits or working conditions on the basis of age, race, gender, religion, national origin, or disability. Qualified U.S. Military veterans will be given preference in hiring.
View County Events and Public Meetings