Property Tax Appraiser
The Jefferson County Assessor's Office is hiring a full-time Residential Property Tax Appraiser. Wages are dependent upon experience. Competitive benefits are offered, including: PERSI retirement, excellent medical and dental insurance and generous paid time off.
Duties include, but are not limited to:
- The visual inspection and appraisal of all improved and unimproved real property within Jefferson County for assessment purposes;
- Analysis and verification of market data to indicate values; and
- Working with property owners to answer questions.
- High School Diploma or Equivalent;
- Ability to certify as an Idaho Certified Property Tax Appraiser;
- Team, Customer Relations, and Organization Skills;
- Basic Math and Computer skills;
- Valid Idaho Drivers License;
- Ability to maneuver in construction environment;
- Ability to sit in a car or in an office for extended periods of time.
Applications will be accepted until the position is filled. To apply, please submit a resume and completed Jefferson County Application for Employment to the Assessor's Office at 210 Courthouse Way, Rigby, ID, or e-mail resume and application to email@example.com.
Jefferson County is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate with regard to employment, advancement, training, benefits or working conditions on the basis of age, race, gender, religion, national origin, or disability. Per Idaho Code, Title 65, Chapter 5, Jefferson County will afford a preference to employment of veterans. If claiming veteran’s preference, you must attach or otherwise submit a copy of your DD214 to your application.
View County Events and Public Meetings