Local Emergency Planning Committee (LEPC)
The LEPC has been established pursuant to Section 301(c) of Public Law 99-499, the Emergency Planning and Community Right to Know Act of 1986. The responsibilities of the LEPC include, but are not limited to:
- Shall review local emergency management plans once a year, or more frequently as circumstances change in the community or as any facility may require.
- Collect and store information from regulated facilities regarding hazardous materials stored, manufactured or used.
- Identify people and equipment resources for responding to hazardous materials accidents.
- Make the above information available to the public on request.
- Provide the public education on emergency preparedness for hazardous materials accidents.
View County Events and Public Meetings
Jefferson County Interactive Map - 2018 Update
Jefferson County Interactive Map
This map will be retired soon. Please begin using the 2018 Update above.